Apart from the landscaping services that Flora International has to offer, another field of expertise and experience is Tree Transplantation.
Tree Transplantation is a term used to describe the digging and replanting of trees from one location to a new location. Due to the wide extent and morphology of tree root system, transplanting of trees usually involves substantial removal of roots. The whole transplantation process in particular for large trees is an engineering feat and requires substantial involvement of resources and time.
Although Transplanting trees appears to be an easy task but deceptively the entire process requires a great amount of care, attention and planning. Many transplants die due to improper removal or installation. To do it successfully, proper steps have to be implemented and the execution has to be minutely monitored to improve the likelihood of survival.
The Most likely of the process would be
- Determining the appropriate location for transplantation.
- Excavating and digging a new hole at the determined location as per the analyzed Root ball.
- Adding the right medicine to the soil for the tree to survive.
- Excavate the tree that needs to be transplanted but to make sure that the root ball is intact.
- Transport the tree to the identified location.
- Plant the tree at the new location with proper soil filling.
- Water the tree for its survival
The above process is followed for every Tree Transplantation. Added methodologies are implemented at different locations keeping in mind that the conditions of all topographies are not the same.